Re: LP-1: 1.34 or 1.37?

William Walker wrote:
>> Current consensus is that 1.34c is the most stable,
>> with 1.37 being good for most users.
>

>  Hey Andy,
>
> I can't remember if I asked you what your stability issues with 1.37
> were. What were you doing to cause it to crash? So far I have some
> problems when recording a really short loop and then starting to mess
> with it with track speed and q replace, occasionally a false trigger
> will send the machine into self oscillation.

I don't remember exactly, but what I was working on was
a creating a number short loops out of the initial one using
bounce.
The idea was set up 4 short loops to be rapidly re=triggered.

I'm trying to talk Rick into the idea that the LP1 can
already do a proportion the stuff he's asking for,
certainly enough to be impressive.

> I still have somewhat of a volume issue where subsequent
> tracks I create seem to be progressively  louder than  the last ones I
> made,  that doesn't  seem to be caused by typical  issues of playing
> louder to rise above an increasingly saturated soundscape.

Check that you're seeing LVL+0 for every Track when you hit
it's select button.

The thing about tending to play louder to rise above the increasingly
saturated soundscape does seem to be harder to overcome when there's
a lot of parallel loops available, especially compared to overdubbing on a
single loop, where most loopers automatically drop the feedback level
to 95% or so.

I guess you know the obvious fixes, but here they are anyway...

If you're using the LP1 as an Insert effect there doesn't appear to be any
way
to set the level of the dry signal, so only thing to do is turn down the
volume of every track.

If your using it on a send and return then just use the mixer to boost the
dry signal,
or drop the level of the return from the LP1 just a shade.

>  This issue I
> have been compensating for by being more conscious of how I'm attacking
> the instrument  and how I use compression. There also seem to be the
> reoccurring issues of too many overdubs on a single track saturating and
> clipping the output, if feedback is set at 100%.

It's usual in a looping device to automatically drop FB below 100% when
overdubbing.

If you're anxious for a fix then isn't there a way to program feedback
levels
in v1.37 ?(there's not in 1.34c which is what I have)

Might be worth investing some prime time with your friend
the Gordius Little Giant.

> Thoughts, reflections, insights??????
> Bill

The Looperlative LP1 doesn't have a lot of audio headroom at line level,
but it does have a very nice low noise floor.
So one thing to look into is dropping the level of signals
going into the LP1, and boosting those coming out to compensate.

andy butler