Re: low cpu midi appegiator

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 9:06 AM, mark francombe <markfrancombe@gmail.com>
wrote:
>  On a good arp you can build on your arp by holding some notes and
> adding others.

So true! Sometimes I feel sad when realizing how exceptionally
powerful musical traditions ("features", "crafts", "skills") are left
out when modern "jukebox context" products are designed with the
bedroom studio market in target. My gosh, sequencers were better
before MIDI was invented! A hell of a lot slower, but musically
deeper. ARPs was the hands-on tool-box for performers.

Someone should program an ARP software plugin with some "EDP
attitude"! Would kick the juke-box maffia's ass.

BTW, Tim Exile doesn't seem to have an arpeggiator in his performance rig:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r38r3BIgew

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se