Sustainer Question

Hi everybody,

maybe this is a bit off topic for looping, but I could imagine that some of you might have this equipment and could give me some information or recommendation.

Short while ago I bought a Fernandes "Ravelle" guitar (Les Paul type of guitar) equipped with a Sustainer pickup for doing ambient live-looping. I changed the strings to my regular brand and gauge I´m using on all my electric guitars: D'Addario EXL110 (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046), but I´m not happy with the result for the Sustainer. The high e-string is not responding well (very slow attack) and when doing chords (only the fingering - to let the sound come "out of nowhere") not all strings are responding evenly, destroying the character of the chord.

I already tried adjustments of the pickup, the bridge and the pots on the Sustainer board inside the guitar (as recommended on the Fernandes website), but there´s no real improvement.

So I thought, maybe it´s the strings?! Any recommendations by Sustainer users? Different material or maybe different gauges?
I´ve read, that Adrian Belew is using a "thin&thick" set of strings on his Parker guitar, and as he´s using a Sustainiac system. I might give this set a try as well.

So any help or information is very much appreciated as always :-)

And besides, Happy New Looping Year!

Ingo Ito