Re: So, what new gear did Santa bring

Hi gang,

Santa didn't bring me anything musical this year.

My musical tastes are waaaaay too esoteric and my music-making needs
and desires are too specific, shifting, and expensive generally.

But my wife gave me an Amazon Kindle for Xmas . . . which I love BTW.

And my kids gave the usual, socks, hankies, batteries, post-it
notes . . . stuff like that (thank goodness I don't wear ties).

So . . . I have a home and familial love . . . what else do I need?

Since september, I've sold off about $3K worth of gear on Ebay and
elsewhere with the intent of migrating my future guitar-looping and
effecting over to my MacBook Pro and some "fewer" pedals.

I purchased a few things and found them not all they were cracked up
to be . . . and sent them back for refunds.

However, most of that money wound up eventually getting spent on other
practical "family" stuff - life happens (or death, as in the case of
the recent passing away of my Mother-in-law and subsequent plane
flight for my wife for the mid-west funeral).

Very little is left I am sad to say.

Unfortunately, the migration is only half-way finished.

Most of the software I intend to use is in place, and most of the
controllers (though I have not mastered any of them yet).

I still need to acquire an adequately high-quality audio interface
though . . . which is going to cost me dearly.

What's needed most of all is some "face-time" with an expert who can
teach me quickly how to adapt and make music with all this.

Hopefully that will happen soon.

I have set a goal to be up and running in time for B-CIMF in Boise
this Spring (should that even happen).

Sigh . . . enough of that.

As for the real meaning of the season, we spent the usual time at
church and invited over an older couple who had no other family or
place to go for the holiday.

Not much, as regards to the spirit of Christmas, but sometimes all you
can do is all you can do . . . and then my wife's mother passed away
the next day.

Maybe the Universe it trying to tell me something.

I guess I must be hard of hearing (LOL), because I keep trying anyway.

Cheers, and happy new year!

Best,

Ted