Re: OT: Musical discoveries of 2010

Ok, I'll share.  Not just 'discoveries' but fav releases too.

Tim Motzer/Markus Reuter - Descending.  Just lovely.
Tim Motzer (and friends) - Goldbug.  quirky, trippy, jazzy.
Julie Slick (bassist extraordinaire for Adrian Belew) debut.   Shows exactly why Adrian picked her.   Love it.
District 97 - Hybrid Child.  Flat out prog rock.
Riverside - Anno Domini (actually a 2009 release, but I didn't get it til 2010). more prog!
Transatlantic - The Whirlwind.  Hey look, even more prog! :)
The Orb featuring David Gilmour - Metallic Spheres.  old school prog.
Slash - Slash.  Wait, that's not prog.
Meshuggah - Alive.  Way not prog.
Jeff Beck - Emotion & Commotion.  It's JB, need not say more.
Animals as Leaders (self titled).  wow.
Black Country Communion.  Glenn Hughes, damn.
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier.  I love metal.

and the releases of the remastered King Crimson catalog are well worth getting if you are a KC fan.