WAY OLD post from OCT: swollen pickle/handheld digital recorders/search function?/santa xmas brings...

hi-does anyone know if the LD archive search function is working?
i was trying to find some old posts, put in search words and it keeps coming up w/ "0" results. just curious.
i was mainly looking for the old posts on folks recommendations for portable digital recorders, so i had to do a manual scroll.
found them, back in Oct...this search for me has been endless. lots of little reviews i've read (too many reviews...)

mainly looking for something smallish to replace my fostex mr8, which seems huge to the new crop of recorders...mainly looking to record live amp sounds in my small studio.
not sure i want to go down the multitrack route anymore...i'm leaning toward the olympus LS10, since rick W recommended it back in oct, and have seen some good things on amazon of it....but there have been some others in the $100 range i'm looking at too...(again,mind-numbing in my research)

in my scrolling through past months, there was a brief posting of asking about the WAY HUGE SWOLLEN PICKLE--
i just got one of these in my endless search for fuzz options (again another endless search for me), but i got the swollen pickle a few weeks ago.
AND I LOVE IT! i've read it's sort of an EH: big muff w/ a bit more control to it. i can't comment since i've not owned the EH, but i do like the pickle.
it does have more bottom end sound to it (whereas when i had the Fuzz factory it sounded real treble to me, which i didn't like at the time, b/c i didn't understand fuzz as much then, i regret getting rid of it!). in my experiments w/ the swollen pickle, there are some fun/interesting things that can happen, interesting fuzz feedback w/ the neck pu, the sustained sounds w/ the neck pu, how different harmonics can sound,etc things i've been re-hearing as i relisten to hendrix live stuff (the fillmore double disc from 11 yrs ago has been on heavy rotation in my car!). just fun stuff.
as for santa's brings...nothing specific as a present, but i ended up buying a clone of the fuzz factory, called the FUZZ MACHINE, after getting some recommendations from others who had bought one, so i'm excited to try that when it comes next week. i'm not expecting exact fuzz factory sounds, but looking fwd to the fuzz mayhem that i think it can do similar to the FF....
happy looping....
s---
www.myspace.com/scotthansen