Re: low cpu midi appegiator

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:45 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> have to dive into Bidule again..

I feel obliged to confess that when I have experimented with
arpegiators in Bidule (and other hosts) the most stable and least CPU
demanding solutions so far has been to not use an apreggiator that
sends MIDI into a virtual instrument but to use a MIDI instrument with
its own built-in arpeggiator. The two arpy synth plugins I own are
Albino 3 and Alchemy. They both have worked fine for me for driving
their arpeggio patches from a MIDI guitar or EWI playing chords by the
sustain pedal trick. But I'm not finding it stable enough to do live
and I also think it is too much for me to mentally keep track of when
improvising music on the fly. I would probably use arpeggiators more
if I should play a more pre composed music and had a stronger
computer. I love the sound of arping synths, but to really use it
optially I want to instantly sculpt fitler cut-off, attack and release
values as the patterns are pounding and one laptop doesn't seem
powerful enough for that if working with virtual instruments plus
audio in the box.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se