Re: Ok, back on topic, shoe question?

Another vote for converse here...

Sent from my (advertisement removed)

On 23 Dec 2010, at 17:31, "antonyhequet@yahoo.com" <antonyhequet@yahoo.com> wrote:

the white high tops?

From: Matt Stevens <mattstevensguitar@btinternet.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Thu, December 23, 2010 5:25:58 PM
Subject: Re: Ok, back on topic, shoe question?

Converse - nothing comes close :)

On 23 Dec 2010, at 16:15, Andy Owens wrote:

Allright fellers, I know lots of us'ns have switches on the floor, so here's a relevant on topic question.

What are the best looping shoes?????

Andy Owens
1-800-AndyOwens
Sent from my iPhone
So the typing might not be my best!

On Dec 23, 2010, at 1:38 AM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Revfever wrote:
PS- Speaking of THE RESIDENTS, they are doing a show with PRIMUS in Oakland at the Fox Theater SOON on   Dec.30th  for any of you that are in that area! (Rick W? And...?)
I got to open for the Residents a few years ago and it was such a peak experience
for me that I think I might not go see them again.

I always appreciated them, frankly, but never loved them like so many people did.

I seemed to have an atypical relationship to a lot of artists that are dearly loved by
lots of people on this list.       I always appreciated Zappa but never loved him.....
the same with King Crimson,  Fripp,   Primus,  the Residents,  Mr. Bungle,
Captain Beefheart,  Tom Waits.

*********************************

warning,   the next bit is really self indulgent, so you can skip over it......it's just
a bunch of stuff that I love..............

*********************************

I always feel like a heretic admitting this, but the people I've loved have been
people like the Beatles, the early Stones,  a ton of early British Invasion when it was
on the riff rock side of things, Cream, Led Zeppelin,  David Bowie,  Joni Mitchell, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young,  Peter Gabriel (but not so much anymore), James Brown,  Motown and Stax/Volt 60's soul,  Roots Reggae,  African Pop music,  Middleeastern Pop music, Nine Inch Nails,the Cure (but nothing, really, after Disentegration),  Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin (but not the later stuff),  Autechre (but only the middle period), Bjork,  the Knife,  Fever Ray, Sufjan Stevens, Elliot Smith, Miles Davis (particularly his modal period and early fusion periods), Ralph Vaugh Williams, Maurice Ravel and then a lot of records by people that ended up being their worst selling records:
Veedon Fleece by Van Morrison
Happy/Sad by Tim Buckley
Along the Red Ledge by Hall & Oates
Heroes and Low by Bowie
Before and After Science by Brian Eno
Kiko by Los Lobos

and then I really round this odd list off with individual tracks by straight up pop artists like
Missy Elliot, Eminem,  Chrisina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, Madonna, Evelyn 'Champagne' King, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Thomas Dolby, Peter Murphy, Kings of Leon,
MGMT and the list goes.

this reminds me:  I'm in  a particular love affair with simple riff rock lately and playing as minimally as I've ever played with Done Beginner my wife's band........using really big, thick drum sticks......listening to the Kills, the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs,  the Dead Weather, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (their rockier stuff), Filter, Local H, Nirvana,
Soundgarden, New Order (this great record that didn't sell well for them called 'Get Ready'), Editors
and even some early U2.

okay, there's more, but I'm rambling...........