Re: EDP loop capture

Hi,
this is an interesting problem, but I have neither of those loopers,
so my contribution will be rather theoretical...

The crucial part of the problem is making sure the LP1 captures the
loop cleanly.  Ideally, when you press a button, the LP1 would wait
for the beginning of a cycle on the EDP and capture untill the end of
the cycle.  Everything else is fancy footwork or programming a
sophisticated footcontroller (gordius?) or a sequencer / laptop.

To that end, I'd look first at what midi messages, if any, the EDP can
send at the begining or end of a cycle.  You could use those to
trigger events in either the LP1 or in another controller (or
sequencer/laptop) and this could help you set the start and end point
of your loop capture in the LP1.  If the EDP can't do this (or some
variant that allows you to calculate the lenght of time to capture),
you might need to use a sequencer to automate loop capture on both
device (may not be an option for you, depending on your use of the
EDP).

good luck, and let us know how you end up solving this

Sylvain