Re: (OT) REJECTING MASS MEDIA CULTURE (Was Re: Epic OctatrackPerformance Sampler Teaser....

Great post, Ted! :

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 4:57 PM, tEd ® KiLLiAn <tedkillian@charter.net>
wrote:
> Turn the TV off,

I don't even own a TV :-)

> read a book (preferably and old one).

It just hit me, when reading the part of your post talking about
"saying no to yourself", that one old book that well describes these
thoughts is "Siddharta" by Herman Hesse. I like everything I've read
by that guy. Yes, old books they are - but in 2011 suddenly just right
on the spot! Damn, I'll buy a bunch of them for my sons as X-mas
gifts. Thank you, Ted, one more daily issue solved!! ;-))

Last X-mas I gave them another book - whatever it is called in English
(The Prince..?) - by that Italian guy that lived some four or... ah
yeah MACCIAVELLI, that was his name. He was the first class couch for
kings and just about anyone who had more powerz than brainz back in
the dayz. And Maciavelly really taught The Path of The Snake (rather
than the Path of The Eagle, known as the "good guy's" choice... och
OFF-Toppic-ing into esotherics here.... sorry, back on track we go).
But this book has to be discussed if handed over to... not just young
people, anyone! Because M's sinister methods still work and are
practiced daily by politicians and other decision makers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niccol%C3%B2_Machiavelli

Per