Re: Travis & Fripp (an article about looping ?)

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 9:53 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> ... and I agree with Gareth that the term Frippertronics sounds naff, but
> nowadays, I dont really mind "naff" so much.. For christs sake the guy is
> married to Toyah.. I sure as hell dont know if thats a good or bad thing,
> but its definitely a bit naff!

I must say that I was instantly impressed in the late seventies when I
heard someone say that Fripp "is now playing at Hotel lounges". My
coolness detector instantly jumped on "hotel lounge tour". The fact
that he did not play at traditional venues, but at hotel lounges, hit
me in a positive way. But until then the name "frippertronics" had not
caught my intention, although I liked some of the music he had done in
the past with Crimson. Somehow I did not imagine the music could be
serious when presented under such a name. When I finally happened to
hear that music more or less by accident I thought it was great and
wished I had not been so prejudiced about the name.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com