Travis & Fripp (an article about looping ?)

This article is about the album from 2008 by Travis and Fripp, called "Thread",

They wrote:
"The advent of digital sampling and looping technologies facilitated the expansion of Frippertronics into Soundscapes, a remarkable one-man improvisational orchestra documented on albums including Love Cannot Bear (DGMLive, 2005) and At the End of Time (DGMLive, 2007). Fripp has also employed Soundscapes on numerous guest appearances, most notably on woodwind multi-instrumentalist Theo Travis' Double Talk (33 Jazz, 2007), where abstract ambience and more definitive pulse, at times, intersected. With Travis' own electronically rigged System of Ambitronics, it was only a matter of time before the two musicians joined up for a session of music where technological sound sculpting marries seamlessly with the intimate interaction of the improvising duo. Thread is the result."

What I want to point out is that here the "tool" is not "looping" (the article defines it just like a "technology"), but "Frippertronics", "Soundscapes" or "Ambitronics".
...and I think that:
- "Frippertronics" is just a "name" that Fripp had given to the Tape reel system that Eno showed him in 1972
- "Soundscapes" are just looped sounds and musical phrases evolving over time;
- "Ambitronics" seems to be (for what I discovered searching on google) just another looping system, personalized by T. Travis
while it seems self-evident to me that it's just "looping".
...Or do I have to call my "customized" set-up "fabiotronics" ?

I'm interested to know what do you think about those terms and how they use them in that context.

the entire article is here:
http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=30224

-f