Re: WHAT SORTS OF FIREWIRE INTEFACES ARE PEOPLE USING THESE DAYS?

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Gareth Whittock
<buddhamachine@live.co.uk> wrote:
> What's wrong with the H4 as a soundcard Per?

The way it sounds. Sounds like a "cheap audio interface", "crappy
fidelity", "harsh on the ears at loud level", "drop-outs" in the audio
as well as clicks and other artifacts. I'm not a tech engineer, so I
can't be specific in that way. But probably it comes down to bad
choice (cheap components) regarding analog-digital and digital-analog
conversion.

I'm not totally happy posting this to the list though, because I have
experienced that some people almost don't here what I'm talking about
(or don't they care about good sound?) and for these people my points
must seem just like "talking nonsense" ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com