OT: Criteria for Creating New Instruments on pad and phone technology

Bill Putnam forwarded this thoughtful video of list of things that
an iPhone/Touch/Pad or equivalent technology should have
in order to be considered a serious instrument.

I have to say I agreed with almost everything this guys said.
I am brand new to the iTouch technology and have had some
great excitement about it's potential and also a lot of strong skepticism
about it's growing ubiquity.

Your thoughts?

rick walker

ps though this is off topic, I do believe this new technology platform
and it's ubiquity due to it's pretty amazingly cheap price (at least the
apps one
buys) has huge implications in live looping performances potentially.

I'm beta testing a device now, as an example that will allow me to use
an iTouch
to control my Looperlative (or any midi instrument) as an example remotely
using wireless technology.