Re: USB drives me nuts

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Michael Peters wrote:
> "My Vista notebook has 3 USB ports........."
Dear Michael,  I don't know the technical answer to your question,  but
I do know this.
In a zillion forums and talking to tons of people I've heard "Avoid Win
VISTA like the plague for
audio applications".   I've heard this so many times.  They just never
worked the bugs out in
VISTA and it was never designed specifically for audio (no Win system
is, really).   By the time they
got to service pack 2 for Win XP, they had really gotten the kinks
worked out for audio, imho.

I know that it is now two operating systems old, but I love Win XP with
service pack 3.
It just runs like a workhorse.     I've heard that Win 7 has really
fixed a lot of bugs and that you can
even run a Win XP system inside the system.   I haven't moved over
because my stuff works so rock
solid in XP and because they changed several things about the visual GUI
of Win 7 that annoy me and
I"m just lazy and don't want to learn the new system......I just want to
write music.

That said and done I bought a refurbished quad core machine that has 7
on it natively,  so I may try that out
when I start using it later this month (I'm trying to set up a video
projection studio in the small room and it's going
to be the brains of that).

You can pick up a Win XP Pro version Service Pack 2 for around $100 USD
these days from China for what it's worth.
I think you'll have far fewer problems with it.