Re: Teflon (sortof) - All-in-one PCs for looping/effects

I use a laptop + audio interface + MIDI control board. That's three
components so I'm not sure it qualifies as "flat style box"? Anyway,
five years ago I was using a huge rack with mixer on top and EDP,
Electrixpro Repeater, Akai MFC42 filterbank and Lexicon reverb. But I
got rid of all that and have been laptop powered ever since. Besides
electric string instruments like Stick and Guitar I also feed this rig
with wind instruments by a mic and with MIDI by an EWI for software
synth playing. I use this rig for both experimental solo concerts and
band concerts (dance style west African)

Spec's:
Apple Macbook, RME Fireface400, Mainstage, Mobius, SoundToys Native
Bundle. Gordius Little Giant 2 MIDI floor board and Faderfox LV1 MIDI
hand mixer (very minimal). For some gigs I bring two small Genelecs
for stage monitoring, but I'd rather rely on the house PA if that's an
option.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se