Fripper Gear Trivia

Daryl, et alia,

Some more Frippmania, based on Master Fripp's New England performances
in 2007, especially the Fall River, MA one (November 2, Narrows Center
for the Arts, a VERY intimate venue, only seated about 150 people, we
were literally 8 feet from Fripp on the stage). Photography was NOT
permitted, but I was able to have a long discussion with his roadie
about the gear and took copious notes on it.

On the floor, Fripp WAS using a GR-1...he likes it because of the bell
tone patch. He was using an Axxon in the rack, but he keeps that GR-1
down there on the floor, and a Roland US-20 for switching along with
the Rocktron.

Also in the rack was a GP-100, so he may have been using that as well in
NYC.

He has not publicly performed with his Les Pauls for something like 20
years (after he found out how much they were worth?). He has been
known to use a signature model built by Ben Crowe's Crimson Guitars (a
Les Paul-styled guitar) and Ben Crowe has prepared a number of the Les
Paul's that he does use in the studio. There is a guitar-maker in New
York (whose name I can't find immediately; it's in my notes elsewhere)
whose electro-acoustic Fripp had with him, but he didn't play it in
Fall River.

I envy you guys up there getting to hear him!

Best,

Dennis

http://soundcloud.com/usrsbin
http://audiozoloft.com