Re: Tha Frippster in NYC

Ah sheesh, I was in a hurry to duck out and I didn't try to contact any
fellow loopers at the Fripp performance. Sorry, my peeps! I'll be there
again tomorrow night.

Bob was using two pairs of Eventide boxes - I believe two H8000's and
two H7000's - plus five or six single-space units I couldn't identify.
On the ground was a blue Rocktron controller, three continuous
controllers, and a GR-1 (I believe). He played one Les Paul-shaped axe.

Security was very firm about preventing photography, unfortunately...

After three very formal bows to the audience, complete with grin, he sat
and did the soundscape thing. Very subtle, very slowly developing, and
sometimes so quiet as to be almost inaudible, which served to hush the
(sizable) crowd, if not the unending stream of bemused/confused Suits
descending the escalators alongside the atrium at all times.

Even after all the ambient guitar stuff I've listened to over the years,
he still creates this stuff in a uniquely compelling way. I loved it.
Looking forward to catching another set.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com