Re: Re: Who's using what...LP1 backup

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Andy Owens wrote:
> I really need a non laptop drum machine option, maybe some of yall have
>suggestions. I bought an MPC but to clunky to program for my tastes, but
>anxious to wirk (sic) it in someday.

Hey Andy,

Alesis still makes the SR16.   Unbelievably,  they have never updated
it's archaic sounds
from when they released it in the late 80's but it's got pretty nice
midi implementation
and is relatively cheap ($175 new , I believe, the last time I looked)
and has a very small footprint.

I've used one for midi purposes and click tracks in studios for many
years and to teach
students concepts of playing before and after the beat whilst tracking
to a click track or sequencer.

Why they have never updated the sounds in that unit is beyond me.  They
are so archaic as
to be virtually unusable from an aesthetic standpoint if you ask me and
it would cost
very little money to update the unit.

Rick Walker