...speaking of PC...

No corporate gigs here, BUT...

I'm dipping my toes back into the looping waters. Current studio looping
setup is on an ANCIENT (P3!) Windows box with an almost-equally-ancient
Ableton version, running in play-only mode and synced to an Electrix
Repeater for live-looping. Looking to switch to a "modern" (i.e. this
century) Windows laptop sometime soon (should I still keep the Repeater??);
what's the applicable current/recommended hardware route to low-latency
live
laptop-based looping?

(Feel free to point me to some FAQ if I missed this answered elsewhere --
seems like it w/b a frequent question, but I've not seen it in recent
lurking).