Re: @Bill, empty loop, or looperlative trick

cool,or you can also redefine the start point via the direct midi comand,right?

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:13 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
Bill's referring to a lot of Looperlative specific stuff here.

In EDP land it's similar though.

Replacing Quantised 8ths into an empty loop will eventually
produce a nice rhythm to work with.
It's kind of random, except that you make a conscious decision to stop
modifying it once it gets good.

It *is* possible to drop the 8th notes in accurately, but there's a
special technique to be learned where you hit the footswitch just in advance of the beat.
...but to be honest, it's not worth the effort, just flailing around
gets better results without the hassle.

Of course, the Startpoint is unlikely to be in the right place, but if need
be you'd just sync your second edp to it and things would work out just fine.
If you need to re-sync it, then Mute>Multiply would do it.

andy butler

William Walker wrote:
I could understand if you first made a sneaking silent loop then biiped a couple of quant replaces in, but how do you ensure its on the beat you want if the loop is silent, or... donīt you? is it random? Or what...? spill the beans my friend...

 If i told you Mark, I'd have to kill you, you know that :-) Yes it was a sneaky blank loop I created just prior to starting to play. Once the the loop evolves in to a more tangible rhythm I start creating complimentary parts around it and it doesn't really matter as long as I'm using sync record to establish the first loop length, and setting at least another loop  track to the same length by choosing a new  track and arming it by hitting play stop first.  Bill