RE: OT: was $280 Midi Guitar (andy's trick) + is Stringport betterthen AX50

I would have to agree with Ted on this, you're not really comparing
the same equipment at all. I only know what I've read about
stringport, but my understanding is that it's transfering the hex
signal input so that you can process each string seperately. I do have
an AX 50 and use it all the time. It is a midi converter for soft
synth use, and it works really well at that. I have a hex signal
splitter that I can run every string into my motu and process each
string seperately with bidule, That would be more similar to the
stringport IMHO the primary difference being that the stringport comes
with it's own software suite.

Paul Haslem
www.dulcify.ca
Ontario, Canada