Re: $280 Midi Guitar Coming from Fender

Mark Showalter wrote:
> Hello Andy,
>
> I was referring to the use of a whammy bar, if I understood the post I
>was responding to.
>The GR-30 can be set per patch to use either fixed pitches or to respond
>to bends, &
> it does a fairly good job of it. The problem with using a whammy bar
>would be
>that all of the strings would be varying in pitch & that would be a lot
>of info to try to track.

So that's a hypothetical?
Or a known fault of the GR-30?

>I also think that there would be no way for the MIDI synth to know which
>string was actually being played

Actually there is a way which is, afaik, is standard to midi guitar.
Don't know if the GR-30 does this, but would be a significant lack
if it didn't.
Each string is broadcast on a separate channel.
You need to use that mode if you're combining any sort
of pitch bend with any playing style that sounds more
than one note at a time.

andy butler