Re: D-tar solstice effects loop

Bill what would then be the advantage of using the D-tar to a small mini mixer like the compact Tapco blend which has 2 aux sends and returns? rack mounting perhaps?
the only thing the mixer doesnt have is the mid EQ,no really neccesary if u are using an FX proccessor with EQ capabilities

 cleaner preamps, more musical and powerfull eg designed for acoustic instruments., phase switches on each channel, and routing flexibilty for live performance, just not stereo. I don't perform much in true stereo anymore, and if I want to I'll break out my rane SM-82 mixer.  Having delays panning back and forth and that kind of thing are great if you happen to be sitting in the sweet spot where you can hear the imaging and appreciate the ear candy, but its not essential to me in a live setting. I used to be completely addicted to having stereo imaging on everything and now its not so crucial to my live playing experience. If I'm running my non looping rig I like using two amps in stereo but as much for the complimentary quailites of sound each amp gives as for the imaging of effects. But for my DI rig I'd rather keep it simple. And guess what? its no less inspiring to make music with.
Bill