OT: Vocoder

I'm not sure if this book has been previously mentioned or discussed
on LD, but if not then I highly REVcommend getting a copy of and
reading 'How To Wreck A Nice Beach'!
(2010. Dave Tompkins. A former columnist for The Wire.)

This book is INCREDIBLE as is also the LONG and convoluted history of
the vocoder, the earliest  origins of which go as far back as
*1928*!  And, a later form of the vocoder was something that
contributed to helping defeat the nazis in WWII !  I had great
difficulty in putting this book down to go to bed etc because it was
SO interesting (and very entertaining!)
that I just wanted to read, and read, and KEEP reading!  It is really
THAT GOOD!  And, where else can ya find Kraftwerk / Florian
Schneider, Sun Ra, Wendy Carlos, Whodini, Afrika Bambataa, Holger
Czukay, and MANY MORE all under the same roof!? And, is a very worthy
addition to just about any musician's / music lover's / etc library.
Beautifully published hardback with also a lot of great photos and
images!  Enjoy!

Cheers,
Rev. Fever
Portland,OR