Re: Looping with a drummer

oops, how quickly my mind wanders! Here is my post from the show:

Last night Adrian Belew Power Trio was in town, put on a great show in which he looped in all but one song. I was able to move to the front towards the end of the show, it looks like all he is using is a boomerang. He also has an FBC1010 but looked like all he did with that was use an expression pedal to adjust between the mix of two effects chains. Nice use of his timefactor delay for harmony lines (he also has a harmonizer he steps on frequently). His backing band is a drums/bass brother/sister team from Philadelphia who kicked butt, I only heard the drums get out of sync with the loop one time; didn't see any in-ear monitors but they did have the Bose L1 PA system setup on stage, besides using stage monitors and house PA. A very eclectic sound I have no idea how they keep everything in sync so well.

From: E Gross <slapbandjam@yahoo.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Sun, October 31, 2010 6:06:28 PM
Subject: Re: Looping with a drummer

Hi Michael,

I went to see the Belew Trio when they played here last winter, and afterwards spoke with the drummer and asked that question. He has in ear monitors with a click track also a midi controller pad (or two) to his left. I am not sure how he uses that, he may be using it to switch the tempo of the loop to fit his tempo. I can say the end result seems seemless, everything was pretty synced for the performance.

It was an awesome show, they were having a lot of fun and Belew really plays some nice loops.

Eric