Re: Looping with a drummer

I've used the odd guitar loop with a band, but never synced.
Two methods that are nice.
1) a loop with no definite attacks ( as in old style 'God Save the Queen'
frippertronics) which floats
   along with whatever rhythm is being played.
2) just catching short loops and varispeeding them as part of a solo,
    or using a sustained single loop note varispeeded as a theremin type
sound.

I have done fixed time loops with bass though, and the drummer just synced
to bass as usual, so I expect it *would* work with a rhythm guitar part.

Personally I wouldn't want to lay down a rhythm guitar part loop if I was
playing
in a power trio unless for a specific composition that needed it,
 or rather, as a bass player I'd prefer the guitarist not to
do it ;-)
(bass players love the freedom when the guitar allows it)

andy