Re: 7200 HD for live recording

> the ONLY ones that have NEVER failed are those orange LaCie drives with
>the rubber edges.

Mine died with little use and no abuse.

I mention this only to emphasize that you're really never safe with any
one hard drive, though your odds may generally be slightly better with one
brand or another.

So back it up!

Does this mean I think two cheep drives are better then one expensive one?

Yes, why yes it does.