Re: Great speech video on "Sound"

Well...Having no story is indeed a huge story in and of itself...but there is always a story present even when you think or want to escape from being tied to one. You're inevitably creating or deconstructing/sampling or reconstructing, re-writing &/or reacting to one story or another.

& I do think what is really a more interesting question here would be just why do we human's even need to tell stories-make music/art, etc., in the 1st place?

Is it to teach, to inspire or imagine more than what there actually is beyond all of us?

Is it for amusement? Or is it because we find ourselves lonely and need to know our feelings are not unique but common?

Or is there a genetic trigger drawing us all to storytelling-songs, etc?

I just personally think I'm predisposed to the "compulsive musician gene" that is compelling me toward seeing songs/stories and musical performances as being my children and playing with other musicians as co-parenting partners providing both pre & post natal care of our children.

& maybe I'm just vain too.

Sent from my iPhone,
John Cecil Price
2154856128 phn/txt