Re: Great speech video on "Sound"

----- Original Message -----
From: John Cecil Price
To: "Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com"
Cc: "Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com"
Subject: Re: Great speech video on "Sound"
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:36:21 -0400

Art is really both a process, vehicle and interactive technique for human storytelling.

Yes, but then there is a difference between programmatic music & absolute music, with the latter having no story involved.

It's all that simple and also much more complex at any given moment. And the nature of any art is more or less depending upon the storyteller, the story and the audience.

I would only substitute artist for storyteller & art form or piece for story, but I certainly agree here. You've have also presented a very nice example of how art functions.

Whereas the emphasis of any value or meaning in art is assigned in an infinite number of ways or to specific and maybe even shifting places/phases to almost any aspect of a human telling/sharing their human stories.

Completely agree.

Sent from my iPhone,
John Cecil Price
2154856128 phn/txt