Re: Convolution: How much CPU needed?

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:05 AM, van Sinn <vansinn@post.cybercity.dk>
wrote:

> Which leaves by far the worst CPU hog: Convolution, but how much ?

I use convolution both with Native Instrument's Kontakt 4 and within
Maintage/Logic. Both these convolution players are quite light on the
CPU. You are talking about the VST format in your post and that pretty
much rules out Mainstage because it runs the AU versions of
third-party plug-ins. If the VST format is specifically important for
you there is the Sir convolution player that has a VST version, but
last time I used Sir it bogged down the CPU way too much for my
requirements.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se