Re: Some observations about Y2KX

On 20 Oct 2010, at 00:54, Johannes Korn wrote:

> Matthias Grob schrieb:
>>
>>> 1) Few (if any) equipment glitches.
>>>
>>> In the past, equipment glitches occurred with enough regularity that
>one considered glitches to be part of the looping game.  This year, the
>only noticeable glitch was when Bob utilized his prototype LP2 -- and,
>after all -- it was a prototype still in development.
>>>

>> hm... ok, but I noticed that even most headliners had to say at some
>point: "crap" and restart a loop or so...
>> as a listener, I do not have a problem at all. its even a circus
>tradition to do something wrong, to appear more human etc...
>> but "professionals" may conclude that its not suitable for big stages
>or so?
>>
> That reminds me:
> I once was at a performance of a big symphony orchestra and choir, who
>performed a symphony by Gustav Mahler (professionals on a *big* stage).
>At one point the conductor stopped the performance, turned around to the
>audience and said: "We can do that better (Das können wir besser)." Then
>he started again with the movement where he had broken off. That
>impressed me very much,  I thought it was much more professional than
>somehow awkwardly trying to rescue the performance that had gone wrong.

thats a nice story!
... but you tell it because its an exception in that world while its
normal with looping :-)
and thats because no other instrument can have a defect as heavy as a
looper out of time or accidentally reseted
even if a string or a skin breaks, the beat goes on...

that does not mean that the looper is a less useful instrument, its just a
new challenge.