Re: Y2k hits collection / video recording

On 5 Oct 2010, at 07:25, andy butler wrote:

> Matthias Grob wrote:
>
>> one thing is to run a camera on a stand to have a general document
>> a totally different thing is to follow the player to make a nice video
>> while we probably do not have any professional or some one patient do
>carefully do the whole event,
>
> Most of the work would be in the editing.

thats why I suggest to reduce the quantity of material to 3 min / artist
from the start

> Apart from that I'm sure it would be easy to make the footage.
>
>> someone grabs the camera (or a second camera?!) and does close ups and
>whatever he becomes inspired to...
>
> Sound on Sound had a great article about this recently.
>
> Really you need at least one camera on a tripod,
> in addition to any close ups.

sure, thats the professional way.
with only one camera, there are always moments of movement that look bad
- with is not a huge problem for our use, in my opinion...

> Then it's possible to pick the good parts of the close up footage,
> and cut to the tripod-cam for the rest.
> If the tripod cam is good quality it'll will be possible to zoom
> & pan the footage from that for added interest

right, two people operating is perfect!

> Sound would need to be recorded at the desk, and synced in the editing.

yes, or more perfectly: 2ch room mic / 2 ch line direct
the mix of it sounds natural and fat and contains all screems and such  :-)