taking a Pedalboard full of pedals on the plane

well people as im getting ready to fly ive decided to go the pedal route instead of laptop and FCB1010 since im just doing a 1/2" hour set.
Hsas anybody ever checked in a pedalboard with pedals,cables etc. at the airport? how safe is this?you think they will go through this stuff and dismantle it?
is there anything i can do so they dont mess evrrything up, like perhaps putting a list fo everything thats inside or do you have a wiser advice?
i know i could put all the pedals on my main case but since im checking it in i want to take advantage and fit as much weight as possible on the pedalboard and have room on my main bags,i just dont know how safe this would be.
thanx for your advice!
Luis