Re: Fighting the temptation to noodle

Nadia Salom wrote:
>   having one chord playing all the way through is not so much the
> problem as having the same sound sample repeat itself through your
> piece... that's just mechanical

yep, can be. that's the time to kill it.

Certain types of loop seem to be able  sink into the background
and offer unobtrusive support, while others don't.

richard sales wrote:

> The musicians of India have done fine with no chord changes.

I reckon it somewhat has to do with the way they carefully move
to different parts of the scale, focussing around one or two
notes for a while then moving on.

andy butler