Re: Fighting the temptation to noodle

On Oct 3, 2010, at 12:48 PM, andy butler wrote:

> Mark Hamburg wrote:
>> I find I really want 3 feedback levels on my loops:
>> * 100%: Really useful when simply closing the loop. Sometimes useful
>for adding extra material.
>> * Something in the middle (TBD -- 60 to 70% seems to work well): Useful
>for evolving the loop
>> * 0%: The loop is now a long delay.
>> I don't think anything right now makes this easy to set up all three
>cases and particularly makes it easy to go into the overdub @ 100% mode
>from the other cases.
>
> ???  but the EDP does that
> ??? and it does all the things you seek in terms of allowing musical
>development

What the EDP doesn't make it all that easy to do is bounce between "I'd
like to close the loop seamlessly and hence I want to be overdubbing at
100%" and "I want to add a new layer and fade the old material back".
Certainly it can do that, but it's a multi-control operation as opposed to
just having different modes of working.

Mark