Rackless (and not going the computer route)

  Hey Mark,
A good friend of mine, John Connell, who will be
playing the looping festival, just picked up the
Mackie 802 VLZ3 mini mixer and is really happy about it.

The VLZ3 preamps (it has three of them) are really loud,
transparent and quiet, quiet, quiet!
Plus it has not only one Aux send and return, but also a control
room out so that you can use the Mute button as an alternate
send (Aux 2).

I'm seriously considering buying it when I have the moolah.

It goes for about $200 at any self respecting independent
local music shop though I highly recommend Union Grove
Music in Santa Cruz (grin.......my wife and my brother both
work there).

Here's a picture of it..............I think it will tell you everything
you need to know...........Interesting (and saliently for putting
together a board)  all insertion points (ins, outs, control room, aux send,
insert points, phones, et. al.)  are all on the top of the unit where
you can
have easy access to it.

http://www.mackie.com/home/showimage.html?u=/products/802vlz3/photos/802VLZ3.jpg

Rick Walker