tech advice - audio interface

dear loopers,

is this the way you would set up a performance with many channels (at least 6 or 8):
Audio Interface to macbook with Ableton Live... outputs direct to loudspeakers or mixer...?
and if so one would need an interface with more than 4 outputs right? like this one???
http://www.thomann.de/de/maudio_fast_track_ultra_8r.htm
or
http://www.thomann.de/de/maudio_profire_610.htm
or even
http://www.thomann.de/de/focusrite_saffire_pro_40.htm

or any recommendations... with my macbook i still have firewire, would that be recommendable... this is for live performances ... anything to consider with that? actually I do a live mix directly from the computer during the performance using midi controllers in ableton.. so this is a plausible solution right??????

best
nadia