Re: Mobius in a rack unit

I also built a rackmount computer about 4 years ago. At the time I
found an old 1U case that was about 11 in deep and put together a
computer with an mini intel board (DQ45EK) and a 3 ghz cpu, and 4 gig
ram. at the time the largest hard drive was 500 gig but that has
proved to be plenty since I'm only using it for live performance. At
home I hook up a large monitor for programing but when I perform I
just use one of those little touch screens which is adequate to see
what's going on in mobius. I'm also using mobius inside of bidule.
I'll have to look for one of those slide out monitors though that
would be really slick and be much more convienient than pulling out
all these small pieces and putting them together.

check out this web site, they have a 1U barebones computer for under
$600.00 if you add in the intel board, 4 gig ram and 500 gig hard
drive. A CPU would add another $200.00 and you have one hell of a
rackmount solution.

Paul Haslem
www.dulcify.ca
Ontario, Canada