Polymeter - Polyrhythm - Changing meter (was POLYRHYTHMIC COUNTERPOINT)

Yesterday night I was thinking the subject of this discussion is not theoretically correct.
Here we are talking about "Polymeter", "Polyrhythm" or "Changing meter", as it is the same stuff.
Songs like "Solsbury Hill", Money or 21st Century Schizoid Man are just using odd time signatures or changing meters: that's neither polymeter, neither polyrhythm...

From wikipedia:
Although sometimes used synonymously, polymeter is the use of two metric frameworks (time signatures) simultaneously, while polyrhythm refers to the simultaneous use of two or more different patterns, which may be in the same time-signature (Anon. 1999).
[see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meter_(music)
and also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyrhythm ]

What they have in common is just the "illusion" of the perceived rhythm, nothing else.
Technically and theoretically they are different technics, am I wrong ? ...Rick ?

In my "Polymetric Counterpoint" composition, I superimposed one on top of another patterns with different lenghts, sharing the same "pulse".
...And just to be clear...ther's no 3/4, 5/4, 7/4...but 3/8, 5/8, 7/8.

About "Counterpoint": that's another topic, common to any musical approach not specifically referred to polymeters, polyrythm or changing meter.
Generally (in calassical music) counterpoint is referred to melodic lines.
In my case ("Polymetric Counterpoint") the counterpoint is simply achieved by the interlocking patterns playing together.

Too much theory ?
Ok, I'll shut my mouth... ;-)

-fabio
www.eterogeneo.com