Re: Re: POLYRHYTHMIC COUNTERPOINT

related story:

once, attending to a composition workshop led by orlando jacinto
garcía (who studied with morton feldman) i asked him why he was using
*really* odd meters like 29/4 and left intentionally in silence a
bunch of bars for some parts ... i couldn't figure out how somebody
could count that at first sight or why he was not using more
efficiently the meter tool, but he told me that that was the only way
he had found to make the performers count silent bars and don't get
distracted :)

--
I bé, després estava aquella dona que sense saber que estava

Raul Bonell at Blogger: http://raulbonell.blogspot.com
Chain Tape Collective: http://www.ct-collective.com