Questions regarding Gordius LG2 MIDI pedalboard

Hi guys,

I have now spent the first day of the rest of my life with Gordius
Little Giant 2. What a lovely pedalboard it is! But very slow to
program. Took me ten hours to set it up for eight banks with ten
patches in each. More than double the time it takes to program a
Behringer FCB1010. There is a software application for Windows the
speeds up programming a lot, but I estimated I would lose even more
time if first installing windows on one of the computers. But I can't
complain - you only set up the Gordius once. And the GLG2 offers a lot
more than the Behringer, plus that it is CLEAN! A big problem I had
with my three Behringer pedals is that they are leaking random MIDI
CC# messages that you have not programmed it to send out. When using
an application like Mainstage gets pretty nasty because some of
Mainstage's mixer parameters are hard-wired to react to any incoming
MIDI matching the Roland General MIDI protocol. Horrible! Glad that
nightmare is over now.

Problem:
I can't get my External Switch to work with Gordious! I activated "Ext
Switch 1" in Gordius and connected a foot switch - but it doesn't
work. The foot switch I use is a typical simple analog momentary
switch that comes with cheap synths as "sustain pedal". Any helpful
expertise on this list that can spot a possible mistake here?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com