Re: Abelton Live question

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:36 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> q1) how do people monitor what is going on in Mobius when the windo is
> closed?

I keep the Mobius GUI window open all the time. Fiver years ago I used
Live a the host for a short period and then I made a full screen Live
mixer view window with a certain area of visually less important
tracks and in that area I kept the on top floating Mobius GUI window.

I use very few GUI objects in my Mobius window. No buttons for
example. Just the pacman loop meter, the track level faders, the 16ths
Per Cycle indicator, the Undo/Redo history chain meter and under each
track fader the loop slots (I restrict Mobius to only allow 5 loops -
"MooreLoops" in the EDP).

> Can I make the default Live plugin window (that chooses the main
> Mobius functions) bigger? My eysight is poor and cant see at any
>distance.

Don't think so. Ableton's plug-in GUI window (the one at the bottom)
is very standardized and can't be customized except for creating racks
etc. BTW, personally I never use Abe's GUI for Moibus. I can't stand
that it only shows plug-ins on the track selected in the Live Mixer.

> q2) Ive set up to use 4 of Mobiuss tracks in Live. I dont need any
>more...

You can modify some of Mobius text files to make it default to 4
tracks instead of 8. I remember I did that when using Live as the
host. Don't forget to move away a back-up copy of the text file before
you start mocking around with it in the Text Editor.

> On my foot controller I have 2 buttons programmed to go NEXT Track and
>PREV
> track. but when I get to track 4 Id like the NEXT Track button to take me
> back to track 1 not track 5 (that Im not using) Any way to do this?

With Mobius set to 4 tracks as default you would instantly achieve that.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com