Re: Abelton Live question

Believe me, I have thought about it..

the truth is I want to get my head around Abelton Live, I not sure I agree that Mulch will do everything and more... I love Mulch, but for me it was very much a electronica tool, and I recorded one whole album on nothing else...(http://markfrancombe.bandcamp.com/album/the-money-hush-room) but Live has some other features that, although Im not getting to work totally as I would want, I feel it will get there in the end.

Mulch has no midi sequencing AFAIK, although Im sure theres plugins and such... Im very tempted to go with products that work "out of the box",  there was a time that I had a million photoshop plug-ins, but now... none. In After Effects I only have one plug-in (particular if anyone is interested).

I dont have the time to learn something like Bidule, I need to "play" every night, and that means guitar on knee play, not head scratching as you connect virtual cables playing... At the moment Live isnt working for me, but being an a new place is a place I enjoy, and (if it would stop frightening me by crashing) I would be happy with my progress, I can NEARLY use Mobius as EDPs now, I still cant use the Mobius multiply (wrongly implemented from the EDP ) and I miss the EDP UNDO (no loop windowing) which is a nightmare for me, as it my main EDP tool, after SUS SUB.

When I am au fait with Mobius, I will start to work a bit more with the Live side.

While Im here.

q1) how do people monitor what is going on in Mobius when the windo is closed? Can I make the default Live plugin window (that chooses the main Mobius functions) bigger? My eysight is poor and cant see at any distance.

q2) Ive set up to use 4 of Mobiuss tracks in Live. I dont need any more... On my foot controller I have 2 buttons programmed to go NEXT Track and PREV track. but when I get to track 4 Id like the NEXT Track button to take me back to track 1 not track 5 (that Im not using) Any way to do this? (scriptin obvoisly) guess Id have to somehow make a new Next Prev button and somehow assign THAT to a pedal instead? (I dont know YET how to do that, as Im not using any scripting in Mobius)

Mark

Why don't you go back to Audiomulch Mark? It'll do everything and more than Ableton and is rock solid..

--
mark francombe
www.markfrancombe.com