Kim's memorial

  I have been so busy and so much in my own world lately that I forgot
to share my experience attending Kim's memorial, August 14th. Ted
killian, Rick and I attended the memorial at the Lawrence Hall of
Science high in the berkley hills.  We arrive painfully late due to
work commitments, but were able to meet and interact a bit with
members of his family and friends. It was completely fogged in with a
strong steady wind,  very eire when one ventured outside, as if the
spirits were hurtling past you.  It was good to connect however
briefly and share some experiences  with Kim's mom and dad, and there
was even some levity at the end with people playing with the
interactive exhibits, the highlight for me being a ride on the roller
coaster simulator. Later we repaired to a favorite bar of Kim's and
Violets to share a few beers and listen to the house band play, and
cover  Wish You Were Here in Kim's honor.  There were no dry eyes in
the party. I hope everyone will buy a copy of Violet's download if you
haven't already, she is trying to keep this great site going and needs
our help.
bill