Re: POLYRHYTHMIC COUNTERPOINT was Re: Supporting the Y2K-X LOOP FESTwith a preview of my composition for the Looper's Delight Compilation Vol. IV

....inevitably discussion here involves Nik Bartsch music.
I have to admit that his music, and Steve Reich music as well, have ever fascinated me a lot.
I've never really work on something like my Polymetric Counterpoint before I discovered Nik Bartsch's music.
As many of you already know, Bernhard the guy who introduced me to Bartsch 's music last year at the "In Rome Loopfest"...and at the same time, he introduced me to thelevi (or kosikas).
I'm deeply grateful to him for that, because after practicing a bit on thelevi and on piano, I got surprised about what you can't obtain superimposing different metrics sharing the same "pulse".
It sounds a bit mathematic, I know (and sometimes music can really "sounds" as it was just mathematic), but your creativity is  the master of your ship and if if you can still follow your muse, while working on your 4 against 7, you can obtain amazing results that sounds really musical.
Just practice and try it.

fabio
www.eterogeneo.com

PS: @Louis: happy to know that you too were "infected" by Bernhard's thelevi.... ;-)
                    Let's play a "thelevi duo" set in Santa Cruz.....