Re: Abelton Live question

>>     Yes, Im trying to have a few channels of different instruments.
>>     So when I drag an instrument in to a channel, it will play.. but
>>     if I bring another in, THAT will play... but ONLY that, now I can
>>     no longer get back to the original instrument.

Also would like to chime in here...

Could you be more specific with regard to how exactly you work here?
More specifically: are you dragging different soft synths onto different
Ableton MIDI tracks, or different sounds into the same soft synth, or
two different soft synths onto the same Ableton MIDI track?

And as Antony said, look out for your MIDI input channel settings on
your tracks. By default, they accept MIDI input from any MIDI input
(selected in your preference to receive instrument MIDI data) and on any
channel.

Then you need to check that the track the synth is on is selected for
recording or for monitoring - I guess you already know that, just to be
sure...

If you'd explain in a more detailed way how you work this, I could try
and do some howto, adding some screenshots (but not today I guess)...

And, on a completely unrelated note:

>>>         Im in Abelton, got my Ozone keyboard plugged in.. I drag a
>>>         piano over.. and play on the Ozone keyboard. lovely.. no
>>>         problems
>>>         I spend a happy 15 minutes in C Minor, discovering
>>>         the exquisite limitations of a 2 octave keyboard

That's priority #1, obviously: get a decent seven-octave keyboard! ;)

Yours,

          Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de