nut pickup/boss contest...

and i thought i had read long ago that frank zappa had a guitar
equiped w/ that setup (don't quote me on the FZ one, this is from
memory)

  As the late Ed McMahon would say.You are correct sir !  check out
Zoot Allures to hear his beyond straty strat straterson tone. talk
about extra presence. Zazing!!!  I believe he might have also been
using a parametric equalizer as well at that point, like and onboard
fixed wah sound.
Bill