Re: Gig Spam inquiry

Stephen Goodman schrieb:
> I've been doing the Audio Tarot Bone Throw show Fridays at around
> midnight (though this last Friday's blackout put a spanner in the
> works until late Saturday!  Got to invest in a UPS/line
> filter/suppressor!), and have begun to wonder what the actual best
> time is to do these shows, from a worldwide or US perspective.  Of
> course midnight is 4pm Pacific, 7pm Eastern, so perhaps not the best
> time... or is it?  Your opinions are more than valued...
Do you have some kind of insight into where the bulk of your audience
comes from and how their schedule is? Then focus on them.

For me, I had put my MoinSound Studio Sessions series onto a Saturday
1700 GMT, because that's 0900 US West Coast (i.e. not too early), before
the evening hours in the UK/Western Europe, and if somebody in Asia
really wants to catch it, he can do so without having to get up at 0600
on a Sunday or so.

Weekend days have the advantage that the majority of people with typical
day jobs are (or can be) free most of the day, while the evening hours
are usually kept for something else. This may be totally different for
gigging musicians, who (I suppose) play in the later evening all through
the night and would have a hard time catching a show Saturday in the
morning...

So does my approach work? Probably not, hardly anyone ever drops by.

          Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs