Re: Eventide Timefactor looper vs DL4 looper

Yes Rainer. I was in the middle of typing when that came in. I use 50% as a preset most of the time.

For Clifford, it's probably worth adding that the Timefactor allows you to save 50 banks of 2 presets/bank. So, you could have more than one looper preset with different default speed, filter (etc.) settings, and each would be available hands-free. You can also set a range of those banks that are available with the footswitches without losing the presets outside that range.
Also, with several of the delay presets, the hold function can be very useful for instantly setting up a drone with one button press.

There has been much talk on the forum about the lack of reverse, and it does seem odd not to have it, given the flexibility already there. Since you can vary both the loop beginning and end points, it wouldn't seem much of a leap to 'fold' the loop over and play it backwards. I'm not convinced that reverse is technically impossible.  Rather, I suspect it's a marketing decision to protect some sort of 'LoopFactor' that may appear down the road a bit, but that's only a guess.

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Rainer Straschill <moinsound@googlemail.com> wrote:
Patrick Bishop schrieb:

>> The DL-4 actually has 28 seconds of delay, not just 14.

> Mono in/mono out in both cases. DL4 offers additional mod delay (which the Eventide does not). Maximum looping time is 14s in the DL4 vs. 12s in the Timefactor
> (or 40s in the Eclipse version), but see below in section 3. Eventide responds to MIDI Start/Stop commands to start and stop the loop and can be
> beat-synced to MIDI clock as well.
This really depends on how you count.
The DL4 has 14 seconds, which doubles to 28s in half-speed (with reduced audio quality). For the Eventide, it's 12s, or 6s doublespeed, 24s halfspeed and 48s ins quarterspeed (40, 20, 80 and 160 respectively for the Eclipse algorithms). Note that due to different sampling rates, the Eventide's "halfspeed" should come out about the same quality as the DL4's "normal speed".

--
Keith Smith -Guitar

Keith Smith Trio - www.keithsmith.ca
Northern Lights – Altai Khangai www.nl4tet.ca/